Thursday, June 15, 2017

VFW NYC Quilt retreat

 This week I am hosting my Annual VFW NYC Retreat here in my home, hosting 8 quilters from the US and Canada!  Day one is spent on cutting, designing, and all things inspiration!

Many folks come with a set idea, and then we tweak it as they go... we talk about color, placement, pushing what we first "see" into a new creative space.

We look for more ideas to change up the pattern, and see where else we can stretch ourselves.
It's always very exciting to watch people make there first cuts, wary, then, I turn around again, and a million pieces show up in the design wall.  

I love watching them work. It inspires me to see them make the connections.

I'm pleased to be hosting these lovely quite folk!
I'll share with you as there work changes and morphs!














 Someone is plum-tuckered-out in the scrap pile!!
Socializing is exhausting, She says...





If you are interested in my VFW NYC 3 day quilt retreat, I announce the class only in my newsletter, It  does fill very quickly... You can sign up for my newsletter here.

At the end of the day, My New "GARLAND" quilt,  (Double wedding Ring pattern, kit and templates)   now in the store, came back from Mandy Leins who quilted it.

2 comments:

  1. That sure looks like a lot of fun! And what amazing quilts are appearing before your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brilliant fun!! The quilts are looking great. Enjoy everybody!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!